The Touchless Foam Cannon Kit Stars+Stripes Edition
the touchless foam cannon kit
Chem-X Stars + Stripes when combined on the vehicle surface create the ultimate touchless wash. These formulas are designed for everything from the most high end show trucks and trailers to cars, motorcycles, hot rods, RV's, buses to construction equipment.
1 Gallon Stars / 1 gallon Stripes
2 MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannons
and a trusty funnel.
No situation is the same in the world washing & degreasing. Different seasons, paint conditions, power washers, etc all play a huge role in how you wash.
STARS + STRIPES arrives SUPER concentrated. Stretch it out or go a little heavier. This is up to you. Wash a small section and adjust your soaps if needed. Use this technique when ever starting a new wash.
PREP THE SOAPS:
1) Fill both foamer bottles with 800 milliliters of water.
2) In one of the foamers, fill remaining with Stars.
3) In the other foamer, fill the remaining with Stripes.
Set adjustment knob on top of foamers to minimum, this will conserve soap usage and frequency of refills. If needed tighten knob toward plus to increase foam thickness and performance for extra dirty jobs or road film that has baked on for a long period of time.
Knock off any heavy dirt with a high PSI pre-rinse.
Foam STARS onto vehicle, working from bottom to top. Work in a manageable sized section. Streaking can occur on polished aluminum if the soaps dry before they are rinsed off, so have your Stripes (step 2) ready to go.
Foam STRIPES directly over Stars.
Again, working from bottom to top. Do not let the soap dwell. It's important to start rinsing while both soaps are still foamy and clinging to the surface.
The Rinse. Do not rush this step. The rinse is very important! Use high PSI and stay within 12" of surface.
Rinse left to right starting at the bottom of the foamed area. Doing this creates a line in the foam and lets you keep track of where you have not rinsed yet. Missing a section while rinsing will leave behind road film.
tips + tricks
1) Try not to wash in direct sunlight as this will greatly accelerate drying.When washing mirror polished aluminum always make sure aluminum is cool to the touch before applying soap and never let soaps dry. If it's too hot to touch we recommend a cold water pre-rinse.
2) Two things that help get an effective touchless wash is good soft water and also heated water no more than 140 degrees if available.
3)Ideal strength of soap is determined after seeing the results of the first section you wash. The goal is to use as little soap as possible while getting a great wash.
4) The coil in hot water machines create scale build up. This is normal but it can clog up your foamers. Avoid this by running your machine in rinse mode for 30-60 seconds before the first wash of the day. Basically you're just flushing out the line.
IMPORTANT: READ BEFORE PURCHASING
Foam Cannons willONLY work on machines that have a pressure-actuated unloader.
Below is an example of what to look for.
PRESSURE-ACTUATED UNLOADERS: Instant snap/pop with full pressure when the trigger is pulled.This is what you want.
FLOW-ACTUATED UNLOADERS: A smooth ramp up from low to high pressure when the trigger is pulled. This will not work.
We can be reached at email@example.com or (800)624-5403
**Once a product is opened or used it can no longer be returned.
*Remember to always wear your PPE (personal protective equipment)