Chem-X Stars + Stripes when combined on the vehicle surface create the ultimate touchless wash. These formulas are designed for everything from the most high end show trucks and trailers to cars, motorcycles, hot rods, RV's, buses to construction equipment.
When Stars+Stripes mix on the vehicle surface, a resulting pH shock will activate the cleaning reaction. This dual stage process breaks the static bond of dirt and road film from the surface, allowing the high psi rinse to remove more grime than any single stage application and also results in a neutral pH. This process saves the user up to 80% of the time it would normally take to do a mitt wash. Using two soaps also lets us tackle more grime by allowing us to use a wider range of surfactants that help with many different types of grime.
MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannons - 2 Pack
The Innovation of the PF22.2 Foam Cannon lies in the nozzle. This foam cannon offers adjustable fan blades & adjustable spray pattern (vertically or horizontally) as it throws thick foam onto your vehicle, house, fence, sidewalk, roof or other washable items.
Every foam cannon now includes 2 extra replacementFoam Agitator Pads, which are an easy replacement part that canoccasionally clog on foam cannons, you'll be glad you have them later!
The Mezzo valve provides a two-way shuttle valve system in a sleek light weight style. It is full shut-off when engaged on one side or the other which offers full pressure on the left or right side.
No situation is the same in the world washing & degreasing. Different seasons, paint conditions, power washers, etc all play a huge role in how you wash.
STARS + STRIPES arrives SUPER concentrated. Stretch it out or go a little heavier. This is up to you. Wash a small section and adjust your soaps if needed. Use this technique when ever starting a new wash.
PREP THE SOAPS
1. Fill both foamer bottles with 800 milliliters of water.
2. In one of the foamers, fill remaining with Stars.
3. In the other foamer, fill the remaining with Stripes.
4. Attach both foam cannons to the Mezzo Valve.
5. Set adjustment knob on top of foamers to minimum, this will conserve soap usage and frequency of refills. If needed tighten knob toward plus to increase foam thickness and performance for extra dirty jobs or road film that has baked on for a long period of time.
1. Knock off any heavy build up with a high PSI pre-rinse.
2. Foam STARS onto vehicle, working from bottom to top. Work in a manageable sized section. Streaking can occur on polished aluminum if the soaps dry before they are rinsed off.
3. Foam STRIPES directly over Stars working from bottom to top. Do not let the soap dwell. It's important to start rinsing while both soaps are still foamy and clinging to the surface.
4. Rinse left to right starting at the bottom of the foamed area. Use high PSI and stay within 12" of surface. Doing this creates a line in the foam and lets you keep track of where you have not rinsed yet. Missing a section while rinsing will leave behind road film.
*When vehicle's surface temperature is hot, pre-cool with cold water rinse before soap application.
TIPS + TRICKS
Try not to wash in direct sunlight as this will greatly accelerate drying.When washing mirror polished aluminum always make sure aluminum is cool to the touch before applying soap and never let soaps dry. If it's too hot to touch we recommend a cold water pre-rinse.
Two things that help get an effective touchless wash is good soft water and also heated water no more than 140 degrees if available.
Ideal strength of soap is determined after seeing the results of the first section you wash. The goal is to use as little soap as possible while getting a great wash.
The coil in hot water machines create scale build up. This is normal but it can clog up your foamers. Avoid this by running your machine in rinse mode for 30-60 seconds before the first wash of the day. Basically you're just flushing out the line.